Perfectly embodying the opulence, glamour and sensuality of the 1930s, this late 1930s couture wedding dress has an intricate metallic brocade top, with full button and loop detail to arm and back. Inspired by Hollywood starlets, the train the fashion history is clear with some of the pin-tuck pleats still containing the original tissue stuffing.
- Great condition for 90 years since wear, however does have some "storage marks and discolouration" from wear the dress has clearly been folded and carefully stored for many years. There is what appears to be a faint green water mark blemish, and some stains to both inside pits of the arms.
SIZE & FIT.
- No listed label as bespoke couture
- Bust (Pit-to-Pit) 34"
- Waist 32"
- Hips 36" inches
- Sleeves 7"
- Length 58" from nape of neck, with train 84"
- Mid weight
- Mannequin model is 5'11', garment is pinned
- All measurements are approximations.
DETAILS & CARE.
- Hook and eye button detail to back and arm
- Gold/silver metallic fine weave brocade bodice, sleeves and braiding on train.
- Cream matt satin skirt
- Surface large pin tuck pleats to hips of dress that drapes into full skirt
- Batwing sleeves
- Specialist clean